The Second Children and Youth Choral
St. Petersburg, Russia
February 18 – 22, 2015
The Center of International Cooperation «Inter Aspect» would like to invite you to participate in The Second Children-Youth Choral World Championship to be held in St.Petersburg from 18 to 22 February 2015.
The purpose of World Choral Championship for Children and Youth is to detect and support gifted children and youth, to introduce young musicians to the spiritual heritage and world singing culture by means of the choral singing art. The Championship sets up conditions for creative communication and cooperation of children and youth choral collectives from different regions of Russia and foreign countries.
Participation in the Championship must facilitate preservation and development of choral singing traditions and help both participants and leaders of choruses in their creative growth, communication, increase of professional skills. In the process of the Championship, participants will have the possibilities to establish new creative contacts with each other, as well as with prominent workers of the singing art.
- Union of Composers of St.Petersburg
- St.Petersburg State University, Faculty of Journalism
- Opening of new names and talents in children and youth choral singing;
- Making of creative atmosphere for communication of the Championship participants, establishing and strengthening of friendly relations with choruses from different countries, stirring up cultural exchange; >
- Popularization of choral art and positive motivation of singing in a chorus;
- Increase of professional level of leaders (master classes, round table for leaders and meetings with jury members);
- Development of tolerance of youth, adequate understanding of other cultures, methods of self-expression and manifestation of human individuality;
- Joint performances and creative meetings of choral collectives from different countries of the world for exchange of experience and repertoire;
- Development of volunteer movement among students of Conducting and Choral Departments, engaging them in the work with participants;
- Engaging of musical producers and managers in organization of the following touring and concert activity of the Championship participants;
- Engaging of recording studios and radio stations in providing possibility for the best collectives to record their disk (or separate compositions on a combined disk) for the following playback in radio broadcasts.